martes, 22 de septiembre de 2009

Social Network

I am involved in social networking in many ways. I use Facebook, Myspace, I have a GoodReads account for computer class, I go on Google for information and I use Youtube once and a while I started using Facebook last year and now I use it very often. I've had Myspace for a longer time but I barely use it now, its a little hard to use and nobody uses it anymore. I almost never go to my GoodReads account, i've only used it two times and its not that fun. I only go to Google when teachers give me homework and tell me to investigate something. When I want to watch videos or I have nothing to do I go to Youtube. These are some examples of how i'm involved in social networking.





Social Network can be dangerous. Some examples are preditors like pervs that will ask you many questions and steel you. Besides that, they might try to steel your identity. The only way we can protect ourselves from this is by not putting too much or real information about our identity. Also, to not have too much communication with people you don't know.

Our edudaction needs to change by teaching us how to use technology well and the right way. In addition, they need to teach us how to stay away from predetors and not give out information about ourselves. As you can see, social network can be dangerous and we need to be prepared for a world dominated in social media.

7 comentarios:

  1. Great post Emma, thanks for sharing your thoughts. In considering the video that you posted i started to ask myself, "why do you think people act differently when approached by strangers in a movie theatre than online?" do they?

    what do you think?

    mm

    ResponderEliminar
  2. this post is very similar to other posts, are these your own ideas?

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Wow Emma, i think you clearly state that social network a place where people could find you. I agree, many kidnaping cases have been started by looking in facebook, myspace, hi5 and other social medias. We've got to watch out on what we are doing to these kinds of things.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I agree with you 200% on that they should teach us how to protect ourselves from pervs and how to use social network correctly. I wrote something similar in my blog. The point her is that they should not try to avoid social networking in school but teach us how to use it wisely and correctly. Very good post!

    ResponderEliminar
  5. YOUR POST IS JUST AMAZING. its very understanding. i agree on that we should know how to protect ourselves from pervs.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. I do agree with all you said. I agree that they should instruct us how to porotect ourselfs from prevs. Like I said before I do agree with everything you said.

    ResponderEliminar
  7. I loved this post. It really show you know alot about social media. Good job.

    ResponderEliminar