domingo, 8 de mayo de 2011

William Kentridge

William Kentridge is a South African artist who is known for his animated films. His work makes me feel sympathetic to the people he draws, since he usually deals with subjects such as, colonialism, AIDS, and apartheid. Besides that, he uses charcoal and it makes his drawings very sharp and intense. The way everything is drawn out and how they move together is just fascinating. If I were to explain his work to a blind-folded person I would start out by telling them what kind of subjects he works with, so they have an idea of how direct the drawings are. Then, I would explain how everything is in charcoal, no color. After, I would say that he is very realistic with people and that with objects he tends to fantasize sometimes. I would say that his art is a masterpiece and very interesting, due to the way he sort of explains a story.

There are probably many ways William Kentridge processes his work. I guess the first thing he does is he chooses a subject and creates a story about something in specific about it. Then, he creates a story board and when he is done he starts on his real drawings. After all his drawings are done and are connected in some way, he takes pictures of every single one. As the pictures come out, since they are connected, the whole story comes out as a movie. I believe this is what he would do before having such an incredible piece of work. This is one of the ways I think Kentridge processes his creative work.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario